castle hotel Neckar river-Alb in the Tubingen district
|Sightseeings and excursion
Catholic church in the town part
The catholic church in Starzach-Wachendorf (about 8 km southeast from
the 721-weit castle hotel Neckar-Alb in the Tubingen district) was built in
the first half of the 18th century by the baron Joseph von Ow-Wachendorf. As the wealth of
the capitulars faded in later times and necessary renovations were threatened to be
stopped, the fall of the God's house seemed inescapable. Only the
personal dedication of the baron Sigurd von Ow-Wachendorf made it possible, that the
church shows itself in old brilliancy again and that the worth
seeing baroque furnishing became restored. In the church, you can also find the family
grave of the barons of Ow-Wachendorf.
The family seat of the castle Hohenzollern near Hechingen, the former
governing Prussian king house (about 27 km southeast from the 721-weit castle
hotel Neckar-Alb in the Tubingen district), arises on a hill. It still gives a well-fortified impression today with its bastions, towers and gates. The third construction is
what the visitor sees. The first one was built in the 11th century. After it was destroyed
in 1423, a second and bigger one was built in the middle of the 15th century. But multiple
ownerships and the neglect of the structural measures let it become
more and more decayed. Only the Prussian King Friedrich Wilhelm IV, named the "Old
Fritz", made the decision to rebuild the main castle. That way, one of the most
impressive castle yards in new gothic style from the middle of the 19th century came into
existence in Germany. The castle rooms host numerous paintings, gold- and silversmith
works from the 17th to the 19th century as well as artifacts of the
history of Prussia and his kings. The castle Hohenzollern can be visited year round by
means of a guidance.
(about 14 km south from the 721-weit castle hotel Neckar-Alb in the Tubingen district) is a romantic
town in the Eyach valley with monuments of different eras, for example the pilgrimage
church St. Anna, the castle church and other God's houses, the castle, the
Latin tower or the city hall. Baroque is the predominating architectural
style. The atom cellar museum in a former beer cellar, in which the last
experiment of a German nuclear reactor during the Second World War
was carried out under the direction of Professor Werner Heisenberg in 1944 / 45, reminds
of the latest history.
Rottenburg on the Neckar
on the Neckar River (about 13 km east from the 721-weit castle
hotel Neckar-Alb in the Tubingen district) can, as the attributes Roman and bishop town
lets assume, look back to long history. In the Sumelocenna museum
Sumelocenna is the roman foundation
the visitor can inform himself about the antique beginnings of the town.
You can gaze at the impressive evidences of church history in the diocesan museum. The dome at the market place, which was in fact already built in the
12th century as Liebfrauenkirche (Church of Our Lady), but first became a bishop church in
1828, reveals that Rottenburg is a relative young bishop town. One of the most
beautiful gothic well columns adorns the market place in front of the
dome. Of course, Rottenburg has a lot of other sightseeings, which you can discover on
your own or in the course of a town guidance.
28 km northeast from the 721-weit castle hotel Neckar-Alb in the Tubingen district) is particularly known as university town. The university, which was already built in 1477, is
one of the oldest in Germany. But Tubingen also has several other medieval buildings to
show, for example the collegiate church, the city hall, which
dominates the market place, castle Hohentubingen with museum and numerous other sacral and
The 721-weit castle hotel Neckar-Alb is located 500 meters above sea level
between Black Forest and Swabian Alb in the Tubingen district, high above the Neckar River
valley. Hunting trophies and antique furniture decorate the halls
of the castle. Numerous coats of arms and emblems remind of friends and relatives, who
were guests of the family in the outgoing 19th century.
The 721-weit castle hotel Neckar-Alb in the Tubingen district has 34 cozy
furnished hotel rooms, among them, 13 single bedrooms and 21 double bedrooms. All hotel
rooms are furnished with mini bar, telephone, satellite TV, radio alarm, bath or shower
and private toilet. Some of the rooms have view towards the castle park, the golf course
in the floodplain valley nearby or in the Neckar River valley. You can also enjoy a
beautiful view towards the Neckar River valley from the castle terrace.
The 721-weit castle hotel Neckar-Alb in the Tubingen district is also
recommendable for meetings, conferences and celebrations such as wedding celebrations,
birthday parties, jubilees, anniversaries, etc. According to the
size of the group, different sized, nicely furnished rooms are available. Groups with up
to about 120 people find space in the biggest hall, the Hohenbergsaal (high hill hall) on
the ground floor.
There is also a new gothic castle chapel in the castle,
where catholic and protestant baptisms and
church marriages are possible. Castle concerts take place in the castle chapel, too. You can also have a registry marriage in the Roten Salon
(red parlor), which is furnished with baroque stucco ceiling, valuable decorations and historical portraits from the 19th
The hotel guests find relaxation in the castle
The environment, which is surrounded by forests, invites to have
long walks and hikes. The Neckar River valley bike path runs below the castle.
Hiking guides are available at the castle.
Golf players will find many possibilities for golfing
during their stay at the 721-weit castle hotel Neckar-Alb in the Tubingen district. The 18-hole
golf course can be reached in a couple of minutes.
A fortified defense castle
already stood high above the still young Neckar River between Black Forest and Swabian Alb
in the year 1062.
The castle was enlarged to a three-wing residential castle over the years, whose different construction styles reflect the spirit
of the ages of renaissance, baroque and new gothic.
From rowdy and violent knights to religious friars - the
owners of the castle were from time to time very unlike! The castle also belonged to the
duke of Wurttemberg for some time.
In the year 1720, the baron Rupert Rassler von
Gamerschwang bought the castle. Until present days, his descendants
are owners of the castle.
The community Starzach between the Black Forest and the
Swabian Alb was founded in 1972 in the course of the merging of the towns Bierlingen,
Felldorf and Wachendorf, which were independent towns until then. The community towns
Sulzau and Borstingen also count to it today.
The community, with about 4000 residents, has its name
from the two creeks Starzel and Eyach. The lowest point of the community Starzach is the
Neckar River in the town part Sulzau (357 meters above sea level). The highest point is in
the forest of the Bierlingen community (about 546 meters above sea level).
All town parts were in knightly ownership until the
beginning of the 19th centurey and had different owners. In 1805, all town parts went to
Wurttemberg and belonged to the Oberamt (chief county) Horb from 1807 on.
721-weit Castle hotel Neckar-Alb
between Neckar River, Tubingen and Black Forest, Baden-Wurttemberg
hotel rooms room rates Tubingen Neckar River hotels
restaurant restaurants Neckar River, Black Forest
hotel conference center room hotels package
destination location castle chapel Neckar River
suggestions menus from 10 people castle hotel
Years Eve party Germany vacation packages arrangement
biking swimming horseback riding skittling
club clubs courses sport hotel trips vacation package course golfing
map of Germany no. 1 airports castle hotel hotels
map no. 2 Karlsruhe Baden-Wurttemberg between Rhine and Neckar Rivers Lake Constance
map no. 3 Black Forest Neckar Tubingen distances
Road map no.
4 Swabian Alb Mountains Neckar River Stuttgart Horb Tubingen Reutlingen Rottweil
Road map no. 5
Neckar River Tubingen Hohenzollern Hechingen arrival parking train station